Here is a recipe for a really pretty bright red soup, my favourite blender borscht. You can garnish it with dill, green onions, serve it with a piece of toasted dark bread or rosemary bread, and/or topped with yogurt.
And, of course, you can make it a lunch, or for something really amazing to look at, make another pureed vegetable soup and pour one half borscht and one half other soup into separate sides of a bowl for a two tone effect.
Ingredients For Blender Borscht
- 8 oz. Package pre-cooked beets
- 1 c beef or vegetable bullion
- 4 T red wine vinegar
- Non-fat yogurt for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop beets and put in blender.
- Add the bullion and 2 T vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Taste to see if it has enough vinegar for your liking, if not add more and salt and pepper.
- Blend again if needed. You can add more bullion also if you want something thinner.
- Pour mixture into saucepan and heat.
- Serve in bowls and gently swirl a dollop yogurt on top for a pretty garnish. This can also be served chlled.
And if you are into soups, try my favourite Chinese hot and sour vegetarian soup!
SparkYourBloom Today And Everyday!
- This article is part of the free SparkYourBloom library. You can read the entire collection of free features in our Editor in Chief’s Pick category.