Light And Tasty Braised Purple Cabbage Recipe
This is a seasonal winter dish that emphasizes purple foods. Nice and hearty served over potatoes or grain pilaf or as a side dish with cooked meat. Happy new diet to everybody!
Braised Purple Cabbage Ingredients (one portion)
- ½ head purple cabbage thinly sliced and broken up into shreds
1 medium red onion thinly sliced
1 T cooking oil
1 t mustard powder
¼ c red wine vinegar
Spiced walnuts for garnish ( sprout is an option, too).
- In a large pan with a tight fitting lid heat oil and add onions and cabbage sauté until the onions get translucent about five minutes.
- Add ¼ c water and vinegar cover tightly and cook over medium heat about twenty minutes until veggies are cooked through.
- Uncover pan and cook until moisture is evaporated by about 1/3, add mustard powder and then salt to taste.
- Garnish with spiced walnuts.
This braised purple cabbage recipe is both delicious and healthy. It helps you to add some light seasonal purple food to your winter menu since eating the rainbow is so important for our health. Enjoy!
SparkYourBloom Today And Everyday!