Roasted Potatoes With Lemon And Harissa Spice
Here’s a good roasted potato recipe, one that will put potatoes on folks healthy foods list again.
The warming spices and lemon give this dish an interesting flavor with the added health benefits of citrus and cumin.
Ingredients For Roasted Potatoes (two portions):
- 14 oz. small potatoes diced into chunks
½ c diced red bell pepper
1 clove garlic minced
2 t lemon juice
½ T olive oil
½ t each salt, paprika, cumin and coriander
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Parsley for garnish – optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together and spread on baking sheet.
3. Cook for about thirty minutes until potatoes are soft.
4. Garnish with parsley or any other aromatic herbs that you like.
Note: don’t skip the lemon juice, it really gets the best out of this dish. You will understand better after the fist bite. Lemon’s slightly sourish taste works wonders together with the cayenne pepper’s aroma.
Recommendation: learn more on lemons and their benefits from my last feature inspired by my lovely lemon tree.