Super Easy Whole Wheat Sourdough Garlic and Rosemary Bread Recipe
Who doesn’t love the idea of baking a special rosemary bread? Not to mention the mouthwatering aroma that fills the house when a loaf or two is in the oven.
Do your thoughts turn to some family member making bread when you were young? I mean just the words “fresh baked bread” make one feel warm and comfy.
Well now, it’s your turn to carry on the tradition and share the love of a loaf of bread with this easy recipe.
Reasons To Give A Go This Rosemary Bread Recipe
- The silicon bread baker makes it possible to dirty only one bowl/pan since you mix and bake in the same container.
- The sourdough flavoring powder means not fussing or messing with sourdough starter and you get a nice tart tangy sourdough flavor that hits the spot.
Ingredients For One Medium Rosemary Bread
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- ½ c wheat flour
- 5.5 oz. warm water (slightly less than 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 t salt
- 18 oz yeast
- 5 T instant sourdough flavor (I use Magic Flavors brand)
- 4 6-inch sprigs fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems
- Large head of garlic – cloves separated and coarsely chopped
- Add yeast to warm water. Add rest of ingredients to the silicon bread baker and stir to blend.
- After about five minutes when yeast is dissolved and foamy add to dry ingredients and mix with a hand held mixer (using dough beaters) until elastic shiny dough forms about ten minutes.
- Leave to rest in bread baker for 1 ½ hours, covered with oiled sheet of plastic wrap.
- Remove plastic wrap, gently shape dough into form and close bread baker.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees while dough rests for 45 minutes.
- Bake for thirty minutes, remove from oven and turn bread onto rack to cool completely (this is the hardest part!) before serving.
Hint: You might need to make two loaves – one for sharing and one for yourself!
Caution: This rosemary bread recipe is outrageously addictive!
Idea: Not ready to bake a bread? Here is an absolutely fantastic home made pizza recipe.
SparkYourBloom Today And Everyday!