HEALTHY EASTER APPETIZER: GREEK YOGURT DEVILED EGGS
Easter is just a stone’s throw away and you still don’t know what to cook for this year’s gathering with your friends? I was in the same place for some time – I wanted to make something traditional, but easy to wrap up, delicious, but also healthy. And one day this wonderful Greek yogurt deviled eggs recipe felt into my hands!
The reason I loved it is simple: besides the fact that eggs are a staple for Easter celebration, the recipe asks for Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise when making the filling.
GREEK YOGURT DEVILED EGGS READY IN JUST HALF AN HOUR
And from here there’s not much to say: Greek yogurt is way healthier than any type of mayonnaise, be it store-bought or homemade, it has a creamy texture which blends incredibly well with the hard-boiled yolks, and its sourish taste tames the richness of the filling.
For this healthy deviled eggs you’ll need just 30 minutes of your time. I recommend making the Greek yogurt deviled eggs 2-3 hours ahead of time and keep them in the fridge before reaching your friend’s place or before you serve them.
INGREDIENTS (8 SERVINGS):
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, boil the eggs for 15 minutes
- 100 grams Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half. Remove the yolk and add them to your blender or food processor.
- Add the yogurt, mustard, and minced garlic. Blend the ingredients until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer your mixture into a piping bag (if you have one, if not you can fill the egg whites using a teaspoon, but do it carefully to get a nice look).
- Carefully fill each egg white half with creamy yolk mixture.
- Put your eggs on a large flat plate and sprinkle them with parsley and paprika.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Use a piping bag for the yogurt and yolk filling – it will help you create a beautiful lacy look. But if this is too hard for you, just add the filling using a teaspoon.
Be sure to have a fresh herb on the top of your greek yogurt devilled eggs. It gives a nice touch to the eye and the taste it’s also enhanced. I’ve topped my eggs with parsley, but they go well with any herb like chives or coriander.
SparkYourBloom Today And Everyday!