Tofu Scramble: A Delicious Vegetarian Recipe
This is a fun easy tofu scramble recipe. Just a few tips needed to rich the true richness of its taste.
Keep in mind the tofu will shrink down some as the moisture evaporates away.
The flavors can be varied such as going in an Asian direction by adding green onions, ginger, soy sauce and sriracha instead of the pesto, garlic, and red peppers.
Just be sure to add plenty of highly flavored ingredients and cook the tofu thoroughly.
Ingredients For Tofu Scramble
- 18 oz. firm tofu
- ½ Jar roasted red peppers coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 T basil pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet crumble tofu and cook over medium high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes stirring a few times.
- Moisture should cook out of tofu and it will start to look crumbly and slightly golden.
- Add garlic and peppers and stir a few minutes more until garlic is not raw.
- Turn off heat and add pesto, stirring until well mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This tofu scramble tastes delicious, I like it better then the scramble eggs. And it is a good easy start for a mindful eating practice. Enjoy your healthy breakfast!
- This article is part of the free SparkYourBloom library. You can read the entire collection of free features in our Editor in Chief’s Pick category.
SparkYourBloom Today And Everyday!