A Mindful Approach To Green Healthy Ingredients
We all know that green foods have many health benefits, like high nutritional values and so on. But we often find it hard to enjoy them and truly integrate them in our daily meals. Felling compelled to eat green healthy ingredients just because of their benefits, without actually enjoying them?
Finding it hard to stick to your greens when all that’s advertised as yummy are sugary, fat filled foods? Why not embrace green healthy ingredients in the best way possible with our help!
Firstly, in case you aren’t fully aware of the benefits of green foods then here are some quick facts about greens.
Green Healthy Ingredients: Facts
- They are powerful antioxidants, which protect the body from toxins that come from the environment and other foods that we eat.
- The antioxidants help neutralise the body and clear out toxins.
- Green foods are rich in chlorophyll, which acts as a detox agent in the body.
Mindful green recipes to truly embrace the benefits of greens
The most basic tasty little snack using green ingredients is, of course, guacamole.
Avocado has many heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, they contain more potassium than bananas and contain loads of fibre. Avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels and, something that few people know, avocados have many powerful antioxidants that can protect your eyes.
What You Need For Guacamole
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 3 avocados, very ripe but not bruised
- 1 large lime for it’s juice
- Handful coriander leaves chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 chilli, take seeds out and chop
- Cucumber cut into sticks
- Carrots cut into sticks
How To Prepare Guacamole:
- Cut the tomato into many small chunks
- Cut the 3 avocados and using a fork press down to make a paste like texture.
- Mix tomato and avocado in a bowl
- Add the juice of 1 large lime and the handful of chopped coriander, the finely chopped small red onion and the deseeded and finely chopped chilli into the bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Use a fork to mash everything together.
- Cut the cucumber and carrots into long sticks and enjoy your guacamole
Trick: Tip: If you want a real avocado treat, try our avocado lemon cheesecake with ingredients for opening the heart chakra.
Another tasty recipe full of nutritional values, using healthy green ingredients, is the greek broccoli salad. Broccoli, as you might know, is full of fibre, which promotes healthy digestion and reduces constipation. Broccoli has many antioxidants that can aid in preventing some types of cancer, along with helping regulate blood sugar control.
What You Will Need For Broccoli Salad:
- 1 large broccoli head, florets removed and sliced into small pieces
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped shallot or red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese or thinly sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
How To Prepare Broccoli Salad:
- In a bowl, mix together the broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, shallot or red onion, feta or olives and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until emulsified.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- For truly good flavour, let the salad rest for 30 minutes before serving so the broccoli has a chance to marinate in the bold, lemony dressing.
Make these super easy and quick recipes as a meal or office lunch and wow taste buds with flavourful healthy ingredients.
SparkYourBloom Today and Everyday!